18. februar 2010

The "Sidenius challenge"

Most poker players know the challenge Chris "Jesus" Ferguson put up for himself in 2007. For those who don't, you can read everything about in on http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/da/chris-ferguson-challenge. Now, what I'm about to do is nearly the same, except for the numbers. I'm not going to play a BIG FAT 0 in to 10K. My challenge is going to be a bit easier. I will give you a couple of reason why I'm not making the exact challenge as Ferguson did.

  1. Ferguson is a pro, I'm not.
  2. In order to achieve a goal, it need to be realistic.
  3. There is no third reason.
My goal is going to be from 5€ to 5000€. I will have no time limit do this. This challenge may take 14 days, (I highly doubt it) or it may take a year. I will of course as Chris Ferguson did, have some sort of rules to follow in order to achieve this goal. 

The rules are as followed:

  1. I am not allowed to play short stack strategy: I must buy in with maximum buy in.
  2. I will never buy into a cash game or a Sit & Go for more than 5 percent of my total bankroll; the only exception is at the lowest limits: I'm allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in of $2.50 or less.
  3. I'm not allowed to buy into any multi-table tournaments for more than 2 percent of my total bankroll; the only is was $1 MTTs
  4. If at any point my stack reaches more than 50 % of my buy in, I must leave the table.
  5. If at any point my stack reaches below 25 % of my buy in, I must either reload or leave the table.
With this set of guidelines I will try to reach 5K.

I hope you will follow my journey through the limits, cheer for me when I'm doing good and support me when I'm not.

Franck Sidenius


0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar